Working in virtual space has evolved to be the new standard. In the wake of the pandemic, businesses and individuals have adapted new and reliable ways to keep income going….and flowing. To everyone’s surprise, all have managed to flourish despite the hurdles and difficulties brought about by working virtually.
Given the advantageous experience when working virtually such as having greater flexibility in your work schedule and assigned tasks, ditching the agony of the long commute, and being twice as productive by completing more tasks, securing a spot to work in the virtual space doesn’t come easy. Qualified individuals go through a series of scrutinization and comprehensive training to be successful in this field. In exchange, your boss will expect you to be well-versed in the industry you’re placed into.
In this blog, we are delighted to share seven skills and traits your boss would expect you to have when becoming a Virtual Assistant in the Philippines.
Ability to Multitask
- Since the work-from-home setup falls in your favor, your boss would expect you to know the significance of multitasking. Working at home is a great avenue to get a lot of tasks done even with minimal supervision. With the help of adequate resources and sufficient knowledge (plus a cup of coffee to get you through your shift), nothing would ever stop you from checking that To-Do task off your list.
- Working from home gives you unlimited access to means that could power up your shift and stay awake, however it can also be an avenue for distractions. May it be your social media life, the weather, your kid, your pets, and so on. As a virtual working professional, your boss expects you to beat the unending chances of getting distracted and stay focused on completing your assigned tasks and meeting the set deadlines.
- Whether for a startup or an established global business, managing schedules; creating events/meetings, and setting appointments are common tasks that most bosses tend to overlook. Not only do they have many obligations to consider, but calendar management also requires cautious planning and constant reminders. Your boss would expect you to become an expert at managing schedules so that you can relieve him or her of the scheduling burden.
- Given the unpredictable weather in the Philippines, where many virtual assistants work from home, technical difficulties are inevitable. Since no one wants to experience a significant delay in carrying out their assigned tasks, your boss will expect you to be dependable and resolve any unforeseen technical difficulties as soon as possible. Having said that, a virtual working professional is expected to be prepared with the fundamental troubleshooting methods to maintain the functionality of your system.
- As a busy entrepreneur with complex schedules, managing emails would most likely be your boss’ least priority. From taking note of developments, saving meeting invites, getting notified of personal affairs, and unsubscribing from unsolicited promotions, your boss would expect you to take care of these matters on his behalf. This will reassure your manager that he or she is not overlooking any crucial information, whether it pertains to the business or not. When it comes to handling emails, virtual assistants in the Philippines are expected to deliver top-tier service.
- Virtual assistants would typically have the good fortune to own their time. Some clients will allocate tasks and responsibilities to be performed within a given timeframe. To be an effective virtual assistant, you should master the skills of beating the clock. Certainly, your boss would count on you to manage your time effectively so that you can complete tasks on schedule.
- A booming business relies heavily on a virtual assistant. It implies that you will have complete knowledge of how the company is doing. As a backbone for the vital functions of the business, your boss would expect you to be proactive and take initiative to yield better results. An efficient virtual assistant knows what steps to take to achieve a substantial improvement or go above and beyond what the company is already achieving.
We’re so grateful for all of our Virtual Assistants who have become like family to us! We love working with you, and we hope that you love the work that you do here at The VA Hub. Without your support, we wouldn’t be where we are today.
We know that finding a job in the Philippines can be a challenge—but it doesn’t have to be! Our team is here to help you find your dream job and keep it secure through WFH.
We believe that every person deserves to find their dream job—and keep it secure. That’s why we’re here for you!
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tessbrigham/2021/04/12/stop-trying-to-make-multitaski ng-happen-5-ways-to-beat-workplace-distractions-and-keep-yourself-on-task/?sh=6e 05055a73ea