Work From Home: The Naked TruthsApril 8, 2022
Let’s Get To Know: Liza RemullaApril 28, 2022
What was your job prior to joining TVH?
I am a registered nutritionist and dietitian by profession and prior to joining TVH, I was also a Market Researcher working for 10 to 14 hours a day.
What made you decide to start working from home?
I wanted to travel without missing days of work and I was driven by curiosity.
I’ve seen videos and ads about becoming a VA through different social media platforms. It’s way different from my field of profession but it was something unfamiliar that I wanted to try. Initially, I was hesitant because I didn’t have the skills, the knowledge, and the experience so I thought to myself, “Who would want to hire someone from the medical industry with zero knowledge of becoming a virtual assistant?” But I really wanted to give it a try so… I did!
Tell us about your TVH journey:
Before I applied, I watched TVH’s introduction video and I wanted to be a part of the company’s support team.
But I thought to myself again, “Why would they want me when I don’t even have anything to offer? I am from the medical industry with zero experience, skills, and knowledge in Real Estate.”
Despite that, I brushed it off and initially applied as a VA.
I was ecstatic when I passed the interview and during the NHO, I didn’t expect that I’d really be inspired by the COO of the company. Miss Mika’s words hit deep and I really wanted to be on the support team. I was just too shy to inquire how so I didn’t.
Real Estate training started and I got anxious but excited at the same time. There were a lot of things to process in a day but I really wanted to pass training so I worked hard. One day, a co-trainee asked about how to be a part of TVH’s support team and I felt happy that someone else asked because I didn’t know how to. We were told that the support team would reach out to VAs if the team needed manpower and just a few days later, some of us were offered the job. It wasn’t really a difficult decision to make since it was what I initially wanted.
During the first few days, there were bumps on the road and there was so much to learn but I took them as a challenge. I invested in a good headset and a second monitor so I can work comfortably. My co-trainees turned colleagues into friends. Gex and Joyce played a huge part in my growth. When we were apprentices, the three of us would take time to practice objection handling and do a call simulation before our shift starts. We’d also share our notes and our best
practices so nobody gets left behind and we’d be promoted together. Every day I learn and experience new things and techniques and in just two months of being apprentices, we got promoted and became associates.
I still have a lot to learn but I am thankful for where I am now. Joining TVH’s support team was one of the greatest decisions I’ve made. I saw improvements in myself and it’s something I am most proud of. Most of all, I even got to know great individuals from different provinces of the Philippines too and I was able to connect and build great relationships with them even if we haven’t met in person just yet.
Your TVH Achievements (Bonuses, Incentives, Awards, Prizes, Purchases, etc.)
Where do I even begin? Let’s see:
- A harmonious working relationship. Saying that my colleagues are great is an understatement. I also didn’t expect I could get to know and speak to the COO of TVH directly. Everyone is just one message away.
- A great support system. I am well-guided by my colleagues and I feel accepted. I don’t feel judged when I ask questions or inquire about things I have zero knowledge about.
- Fun employee engagement activities. Raffles and games with exciting prizes!! (i.e. coffee machine, gaming chair, gaming keyboard, headset, vacuum cleaner, BIG cash prizes) Need I say more?
- Comfort. I get to savor the comforts of my home. I don’t have to beat the heat and the traffic and I don’t have to worry about being exposed to COVID. I can wear whatever I want and look however I want. I don’t have to stress myself over little things.
- A healthy working environment. Efforts don’t go to waste because they are recognized and we are reminded to rest and log out on time.
- Time and Money. I’m able to save more now that I am working from home. I get to spend more time with my family, my friends, and my pets. I am not overworked and underpaid; I’m well compensated.
- Purchases. After a few months with the company, my cellular phone broke and for the first time in my life, I was able to buy a new one using my own money. I was able to have a backup connection and a new laptop too — things I can use whenever there are outages or when I’m somewhere else.
- Travel and leisure. I love traveling and TVH allows me to work and travel at the same time. I can relax, watch Netflix, and play my favorite online games too!
- And lastly, when typhoon Odette affected my hometown, I wanted to leave, but TVH never gave up on me. This is when it hit me that I wasn’t considered a liability and this for me, is one of my greatest achievements.
Alright, let’s get a little bit sappy and tell us your message to TVH:
Thank you for trusting me and for helping me to be where I am now. I am lost for words since words aren’t enough to express how blessed I am to be a part of this growing family. I hope TVH continues to provide hope and opportunities to Filipinos nationwide and hopefully to other nationals that seek job opportunities while staying at home. I can’t wait to meet all of you in person!
Let’s give a push and gentle back pats to all our aspiring VAs, shall we?
Take risks, work wisely, and always be open to change. Do not be intimidated by something you don’t know. Take it as a challenge and conquer it. Skills can be acquired and things can be learned, you just have to put in the extra effort. And it’s okay to not know everything, as long as you’re willing to grow and learn something. Don’t hesitate to go the extra mile; it’s going to be worth it!
Indeed, our Telle proved to us that taking a career shift is worth the risk if you do your research well and if you’re willing to unlearn, relearn and apply your new knowledge and skills! Life is all about experiencing unexpected journeys that take us to better places with the help of the right people and resources.
Telle is an inspiration to many because she showed us that it’s okay to wear multiple hats and still succeed! Who says you can’t be a registered nutritionist and dietitian, a market researcher, a sales associate, and a devoted dog lover all at once? As long as you’re willing to accept that you don’t know everything and that you’re willing to learn, you’ll definitely get far in life!
Need someone to help you find promising leads and set appointments with your clients? Telle is the right person to connect with. She may even watch over your dogs while she’s at it too!
Hmmm, who knows? Just like Telle, you could be the next person to juggle many hats while still excelling and have yourself featured on all our socials media channels and website once you decide to #MakeTheTVHSwitch today!
No prior virtual assistant experience is needed. Here at The VA Hub, we value grit, commitment, passion, potential, and initiative.